This site is devoted to the Westone brand of guitars and basses that WERE (note the past tense!) made originally by Matsumoku of Japan from 1981 to 1987/88, and subsequently by SLM from 1987/88 to 1991. Whether you already own a Westone guitar or are considering buying one, this site will give you the most accurate information about Westone guitars and basses that you can find.
Please note that Westone Guitars have NOT been manufactured for over twenty years. This site is owned and run by a Westone fan and owner, NOT by a company and in no way connected with the original Japanese manufacturing plant. We have no access to any spare parts, or any deeper information than what is found within these pages. There may well be someone on the forums who might be able to help you out, so do take some time to visit and join up!
If you wish to find out the perceived value of your guitar, take a look at recently completed auctions on eBay. Your guitar is worth what you can persuade some one to buy it from you for, nothing more, nothing less
Most of the information in this site is either taken from Westone catalogues, magazine reviews or from Thorn's own guitars. Sources are named for info on other guitars where possible and make it clear when taking a best guess. We hope you enjoy your visit
If you think that any of the information on this site is incorrect, or you have any more information about any of the listed instruments, please, do not hesitate to get in touch with the webmaster and state your case!
If you need to get more information about any given guitar, it is HIGHLY recommended that you visit the forums, which are populated by 30-40 very pleasant, very experienced and knowledgeable Westone owners, at least one of which will know the answer to your question. The address is: http://forum.westoneguitars.net/
Please note that this site does not cover:
- Electra or Electra-Westone guitars (See the links page for a site that does cover them)
- The Westone 'Prestige' models (Corsair and Cutlass) made in the UK in the late 1990s
- Electric guitars and basses made under the Westone name in China or Korea since the late 1990s, which all seem to be copies of other makes such as BC Rich (Mockingbird and Warlock), Gibson (Les Paul, SG, 355) and Fender (Strat, Tele, Precision bass) - apart from the name, these guitars have nothing in common with the original Westone guitars
- Acoustic and electro-acoustic made under the Westone name in China or Korea since the late 1990s (Including the Prairie/Praivie models)
Something a bit different - a Westone you can sit on
NOTE FOR EBAY SELLERS Unfortunately there have been far too many instances where site content has been used inappropriately (details copied from this site that do not apply to the guitar being sold) or in addition to inaccurate information, so I must set some ground rules:
- Sellers may only add a link to http://www.westone.info as a source of additional information. Linking to any other page is not permitted.
- Please do not copy text from the site (frequently the text copied often refers to a different model).
- You may not use any of the images on this site in your listings, use only pictures of the guitar you are actually selling. Hotlinking is expressly forbidden
- If you do use the information provided here, please give credit to this site.
Copyright notice - none of the material on this site may be reproduced in any way without the permission of the site owner
Special thanks to Neal for providing many of the photos used here. Site content © D R Blair 2005-11 Site design and further content © Dreamraven Designs 2011- 2015